CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, March 24, 2008

The Before Picture

I just missed Lent, but this year, I'm making an exception.

This year, I'm giving up eating.

It all started with Michelle (whose blog I contribute to) and I planning a trip to Key West for Memorial Day weekend. Plans started to take shape, condos were booked, new bathing suits and sundresses were bought, and, finally, workout plans were scouted out.

I've been walking after work with a friend in an effort to get off our lazy butts and get rid of some of the extra L.B.s packed on in a sedentary life style. This has done nothing. If anything, it has made it so I don't feel guilty indulging in things that are bad for me, because, hey, I walk after work a couple times a week now.

About two weeks ago, I realized the walking wasn't going to cut it to get me swimsuit-ready by Memorial Day, and I started working out more. More often, more intense workouts, and more time spent doing it.

Today, the day that marks two months to the day until our trip, I decided to take the before picture so that at the end of my workout crunch, I could see how much progress I had made.

Holy God. I'm not one to freak out about my weight, and obviously I look at myself in the mirror on a daily basis, but there's something about being able to zoom in on the rolls that magnifies the issues.

Behold, the before picture (on the left you will find back fat, on the right the muffintop):












Hence why I am giving up eating.

1 comments:

michelle marts said...

Trish and I are doing the Self Challenge. You log your workouts online and it tells you how many calories you burned. It's pretty cool!